4 Office Design Mistakes to Avoid
How you work, your ability to focus and your overall ability to be productive depend upon the environment where you work. Truth to be told, no matter, whether you work at home or in a larger company environment, the interior design of your workplace/office is of supreme importance. “Physical environment the most significant factor in determining an employee’s ability to focus”, says professionals of office interior designers in Mumbai. As a matter of fact, it is believed that a well-designed office can increase your productivity about 20%. Be that as it may, according to a survey, around half of the employers interviewed don’t consider workplace design a good business investment.
“A little adjustment can have a lot of impact on the productivity”, professionals of office interior designers in Mumbai says. Here, with this post, we are going to present you with couple of office design tricks that can increment employee’s productivity to a large extent. Let us have a look at them:
- Lighting: Lighting is a standout amongst the most essential factors in staying focused and feeling inspired to create. However, it is the most ignored and least invested in. Terrible lighting can cause weariness, eye fatigue, headaches and overall irritability as well. Dark spaces can actually produce depression.
- Chair and Table: You must be well aware of the importance of having a correctly fitted table and chair, if you have ever sat at a desk to do work but noticed yourself adjusting, stretching and moving too often to stay focused. Since, today’s work environment requires sitting for most of our day, it is critical for your throne to fit your body probably.
- Room Color: Our moods and brain function are greatly affected by the colors around us. It brings out both a physical and emotional response. So picking up the suitable colors for your office can influence your employee’s productivity to a great extent. For example, blue has been said to illicit productivity. Remember that, a lot of anything can be overwhelming, even color.
- Room Scents: “Similar to as colors, our sense of smell has the ability to affect our mood, mindset and thus our productivity”, says professionals of office interior designers in Mumbai. It would be a great idea to add some scents to your office to jar your mind into focus when you start to notice yourself drifting off.
Below are some scents that you can utilize to help you and your employees to stay focused:
- Pine – Increases alertness
- Lavender – Helps to relax you during a stressful work day
- Cinnamon – Improves focus
- Citrus (any) – Wakes you up and lifts your spirits
- Peppermint – Lifts your mood